The «MTL» series is ongoing with a planned total of 25 banners of varying sizes. They belong to activist art within a shared oppositional cultural heritage.
The «MTL» banner series was initiated in Santiago de Chile (2016) as a live banner making perfomance within a conference organized by NYU’s Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics. «Resistimos» was the first banner using a black star on a red square as a signature.
The «MTL» banners are made in solidarity with oppositional movements/actions that seek justice: access to education, opening borders, against corruption, land reclamation, against fascism, etc. A mandate I’ve given the series is to circulate the banners by lending them to protest movements for “drops” or for carrying within demonstrations.
It is both a personal creative project to explore the symbols that are omnipresent in protest culture: the raised fist, red square, megaphone. It is also a collaborative effort to create works of activist art that contribute to a shared oppositional cultural heritage.
- BRICK A BANK (2020) 274 cm X 366 cm
- GOD’S LOVE TO GAYS (2019) 305 cm X 86 cm
- CRUISE CONTROL (2019) 102 cm X 290 cm
- END ISRAELI APARTHEID (2018) 104 cm X 427 cm
- TAPETTES EN FEU (2018) 102 cm X 290 cm
- PERSONNE N’EST ILLÉGAL (2017+2018) 163 cm X 335 cm
- GORILLA PARK (2017) 152 cm X 457 cm
- LE DOIGT DE VOTE (2017) 305 cm X 239 cm
- TRUMP L’OEIL (2017) 203 cm X 130 cm
- RESISTIMOS (2016) 305 cm X 183 cm